Spigot Inc is one of the world’s leading digital performance-based marketing companies, dedicated to providing superior results for our advertisers and media partners. Spigot Inc was founded in 2008. The company has corporate offices located across the US and Europe.
Spigot Inc specializes in developing, monetizing, and promoting free applications to millions of users every month through all major app platforms: mobile, tablet, social, desktop, and browser. The Spigot Inc Apps team has a strong analytical focus that must react and move quickly in a fast-paced environment. They work on multiple new “bets” at a time and must juggle the priorities of each on a daily basis. The team is comprised of Software Engineers, Web Developers, Media Buyers, Partner Development Managers, and Business Intelligence Analysts. You will be working with extremely enthusiastic and intelligent professionals at Spigot Inc who are passionate about the work they do and the people that they work with. This position is located out of Southwest Florida in our Spigot Inc Fort Myers (nicknamed the Paradise Coast) office. The sunny days, warm weather and no dress code make for a fun-filled work environment! The fast paced, start-up mentality has been a key contributor to our growth and success.
The person is an experienced senior software engineer that will create, maintain and scale out both new and existing high-volume web applications. Specific duties include:
- Developing, analyzing, troubleshooting high volume web systems with backend SQL Server, Linux and Windows database administration
- Building, maintaining and optimizing the back-end platforms for high volume web systems
- Architect and develop new products and enhance current product features based on market changes and opportunities
- Refactor, update, and revitalize codebases as advances in technology allow for more capabilities.
- Troubleshoot and fix system failures and system performance, especially as systems scale
CANDIDATE OVERVIEW The successful candidate will be an inspiring and confident leader with at least:
- 5 years of experience in software development
- Strong knowledge of .NET, Python & C#
- Experience developing high volume web systems with backend SQL Server databases
- An eye for usability
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following abilities:
- Independent Decision Making: Ability to work autonomously with little supervision and a high attention to detail and quality. Uses analysis, consistent rationality and objectivity when making decisions. Anticipates consequences of judgments.
- Adaptable: The ability to find solutions and deliver results within a rapid fast changing, entrepreneurial, technology-driven culture. Willing and able to learn multiple, diverse technologies rather than leaning on a single ‘favorite’.
- Results Oriented: Motivated and able to juggle the dueling needs of a ‘best’ and ‘fastest’ solution. Not interested in the academic process of coding so much as the bottom line impact.
- Communication (written & oral): Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish, develop and maintain business relationships, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams.