Spigot Inc is on the lookout for a Data Scientist. Are you ready for a change? Have you ever worked in a cool laid back environment that has recliners, couches, a pool table, foosball, ping pong, free beer, unlimited snacks and lunches? If not, Spigot Inc is ready to make that happen! We have amazing healthcare and 401K plans to keep you healthy and prepare for your future. Be sure to come back often as we are growing like weeds! Check out all of our current available positions on our blog and also check out the cool culture while you are there.
Spigot Inc is one of the world’s leading digital performance-based marketing companies, dedicated to providing superior results for our advertisers and media partners. Spigot, Inc accomplishes this by combining best-in-class expertise in media optimization and targeting with our in-house analytics and big-data technology.
Spigot Inc has a strong analytical focus that requires quick reaction in this fast-paced environment. Our success is fueled by employee innovation, data driven decisions and a startup mentality. Our teams are comprised of Software Engineers, Web Developers, Media Buyers, Account Managers, Data Scientists and Business Intelligence Analysts. These positions are located in our Fort Myers office. Employees enjoy free lunches, paid benefits, unlimited time off, no dress code and company team building trips.
A Spigot Inc Data Scientist is responsible for identifying, creating, and maintaining machine learning based tools/processes within the company to promote product efficiencies, streamline user experience, and optimize return on investment. This person should be able to present ideas in the morning and implement them in the afternoon. Primary duties include:
- Analyze, design, develop and implement solutions that increase product value and embrace simplicity, speed, adaptability, and sustainability
- Develop and apply quantitative and qualitative analytic methods to identify, collect, process and analyze large data sets for specified purposes
- Develop analytical solutions that are scalable, repeatable, effective, and meet the expectations of the decision-makers and stakeholders
- Conduct exploratory data analysis and make recommendations that significantly affect the content, interpretation, or development of major programs and policies
- Develop polished, high-impact persuasive reports and presentations that enable strategic decision-making supporting the company’s objectives
- Act as a student of the business by partnering with teams to determine current and on-going needs, and gaining further knowledge into their processes
- Evaluate options for new/modified software/tools to determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system, and computer capabilities
- Mentor other team members in areas of expertise
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent experience) in a strongly quantitative field such as: Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or Econometrics
- 3+ years of database analytics experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Master’s or PhD degree preferred
- Knowledge and experience utilizing business intelligence tools such as Python, R, Tableau
- Experience and proficiency in utilizing statistical/analytic packages such as SAS, R, SPSS, S-Plus, Matlab to develop statistical models
- Understanding of and experience with building canned and ad-hoc reports/dashboards based on user requirements
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze data sets to determine trends, develop hypotheses, establish strategies, and make decisions
- Passionate about finding insights in data, comfortable with large and fragmented data sets
If you are still reading and you feel like you have what it takes, send us your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to follow us on Twitter and Instagram… like us on Facebook and never miss out on our cool Spigot Inc lifestyle.