Spigot, Inc. is currently seeking a self-driven, motivated Software Engineer for hire. Spigot, Inc. is unlike most companies in the sense that the perks seem to be endless. There’s free lunch every Monday AND Wednesday. Not to mention our amazing pension program for our employees that ensures a comfortable future! Be sure to keep up with our culture daily via our Spigot, Inc. blog.
Spigot, Inc has a very cool, laid back environment that has recliners and couches if you’d like to get away from your desk. The break room is filled with fun games for when you need to breakaway from the data. Our ping pong and foosball tables are used frequently. Can you make the rankings chart? We also have free lunches, unlimited snacks and free beer if you need to relax at the end of the day. Spigot, Inc is ready to change the way you work! We have amazing healthcare and 401K plans to keep you healthy and prepare for your future.
The person is an experienced Software Engineer that will create, maintain and scale out both new and existing high-volume web applications. Specific duties include:
- Developing, analyzing, troubleshooting high volume web systems with backend SQL Server, Linux and Windows database administration
- Building, maintaining and optimizing the back-end platforms for high volume web systems
- Architect and develop new products and enhance current product features based on market changes and opportunities
- Refactor, update, and revitalize codebases as advances in technology allow for more capabilities.
- Troubleshoot and fix system failures and system performance, especially as systems scale
The successful candidate will be an inspiring and confident leader with at least:
· 5 years of experience in software development
· Strong knowledge of .NET, Python & C#
· Experience developing high volume web systems with backend SQL Server databases
· An eye for usability
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following abilities:
- Independent Decision Making: Ability to work autonomously with little supervision and a high attention to detail and quality. Uses analysis, consistent rationality and objectivity when making decisions. Anticipates consequences of judgments.
- Adaptable: The ability to find solutions and deliver results within a rapid fast changing, entrepreneurial, technology-driven culture. Willing and able to learn multiple, diverse technologies rather than leaning on a single ‘favorite’.
- Results Oriented: Motivated and able to juggle the dueling needs of a ‘best’ and ‘fastest’ solution. Not interested in the academic process of coding so much as the bottom line impact.
- Communication (written & oral): Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish, develop and maintain business relationships, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams.
- Marketing & Advertising
If you feel like you have the drive and passion to launch your career in dynamic and laid back culture, Spigot, Inc would like to speak with you. Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com for review! Again, check out all of our adventures on the Spigot Inc blog.