Spigot Inc is one of the world’s leading digital performance-based marketing companies, dedicated to providing superior results for our advertisers and media partners. Spigot Inc was founded in 2008. The company has corporate offices located across the US and Europe.
Spigot Inc specializes in developing, monetizing, and promoting free applications to millions of users every month through all major app platforms: mobile, tablet, social, desktop, and browser. The Spigot Inc Apps team has a strong analytical focus that must react and move quickly in a fast-paced environment. They work on multiple new “bets” at a time and must juggle the priorities of each on a daily basis. The team is comprised of Software Engineers, Web Developers, Media Buyers, Partner Development Managers, and Business Intelligence Analysts. You will be working with extremely enthusiastic and intelligent professionals at Spigot Inc who are passionate about the work they do and the people that they work with. This position is located out of Southwest Florida in our Spigot Inc Fort Myers (nicknamed the Paradise Coast) office. The sunny days, warm weather and no dress code make for a fun-filled work environment! The fast paced, start-up mentality has been a key contributor to our growth and success.
The Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for completing profit-driven analysis to provide recommendations on how to increase profits and efficiency on all aspects of the business as necessary; especially those related to product performance. This person is able to present ideas in the morning, implement them in the afternoon and later check the performance of their idea via data analysis. Primary duties include:
- Ad-hoc queries using MSSQL Server and other RDBMS
- Data manipulation and presentation in Excel
- Tracking and analysis of Key Performance Indicators such as profit, user value, click through & conversion rates, traffic volumes, etc.
- Development and execution of new reports (trends, opportunites, etc.) to boost the business intelligence of the team.
Performing market place intelligence and refining information into actionable recommendations to Product Development team members.
The successful candidate will be an inspiring and confident leader with at least:
- Practical experience with Excel (pivot tables, vlookup, etc)
- Proficiency in SQL (select/from/where clauses, etc)
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following abilities:
- Independent Decision Making: Uses intelligence, analysis, consistent rationality and objectivity when making decisions; Anticipates consequences of judgments with the ability to work autonomously with little supervision and a high attention to detail and quality.
- Energetic: The ability to find solutions and deliver results within a rapid, fast changing, entrepreneurial, technology-driven culture; Passion for technology and a positive, can-do attitude is a must.
- Adaptability: Capable of adjusting to changing priorities, and possesses the ability to master new technologies in a short period of time.
- Results-Oriented and Data Driven: Must be a data driven decision maker who loves impacting the bottom line and achieves goals with available resources and abilities.
- Communication (written & oral): Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish, develop and maintain cross-functional business relationships, as well as have excellent presentation and problem-solving skills.
Measurements of Success
There are several key measurements of success this employee will use to benchmark performance including:
- Improving the effectiveness of the product development team through relevant analysis, planning and reporting.
- Growing the business through insightful reporting and analysis.
- Advancing the productivity of the team through skilled planning, research, and operational efficiencies.