Spigot, Inc is one of the world’s leading digital performance-based marketing companies, dedicated to providing superior results for our advertisers and media partners. Spigot, Inc accomplishes this by combining best-in-class expertise in media optimization and targeting with our in-house analytics and big-data technology.
Spigot, Inc has a strong analytical focus that requires quick reaction in this fast-paced environment. Our success is fueled by employee innovation, data driven decisions and a startup mentality. Our teams are comprised of Software Engineers, Web Developers, Media Buyers, Account Managers and Business Intelligence Analysts. This position is available in our Kansas City office. Employees enjoy free lunches, free benefits, unlimited time off, no dress code and company team building trips.
The person is an experienced senior software engineer that will create, maintain and scale out both new and existing high-volume web applications. Specific duties include:
- Developing, analyzing, troubleshooting high volume web systems with backend SQL Server, Linux and Windows database administration
- Building, maintaining and optimizing the back-end platforms for high volume web systems
- Architect and develop new products and enhance current product features based on market changes and opportunities
- Refactor, update, and revitalize codebases as advances in technology allow for more capabilities.
- Troubleshoot and fix system failures and system performance, especially as systems scale
The successful candidate will be an inspiring and confident leader with at least:
· 5 years of experience in software development
· Strong knowledge of .NET & C#
· Experience developing high volume web systems with backend SQL Server databases
· Amazon Web Services experience
· An eye for usability
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following abilities:
· Independent Decision Making: Ability to work autonomously with little supervision and a high attention to detail and quality. Uses analysis, consistent rationality and objectivity when making decisions. Anticipates consequences of judgments.
· Adaptable: The ability to find solutions and deliver results within a rapid fast changing, entrepreneurial, technology-driven culture. Willing and able to learn multiple, diverse technologies rather than leaning on a single ‘favorite’.
· Results Oriented: Motivated and able to juggle the dueling needs of a ‘best’ and ‘fastest’ solution. Not interested in the academic process of coding so much as the bottom line impact.
· Communication (written & oral): Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish, develop and maintain business relationships, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams.
Come join the fun. If you would like the opportunity to travel the world with us, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com for review! Check out all of our adventures on the Spigot Inc blog.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter and Instagram… like us on Facebook and never miss out on our cool Spigot Inc lifestyle.